Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hershey Factory, Hershey, Pa aug 15th

Getting these blogs out is a pain.  When it's done I can pay to have it made into a book and that's part of the purpose of doing a blog instead of email, but frankly, I've also always had problems emailing photos, so I thought this would be easier.  Doing the blog is easy.  Emailing it is not.  I keep getting a notice that I can only have one @ in an email address, and there is only one in everyone's address.  Says I can send 10 emails, but doesn't let me have more than one @, so I don't get it.  I'm ready to ask Sandra to take on that part, as I've spent so much time trying to figure out how to email, that I don't work on a new blog.  Also, we are either driving or packing so much into a day that we don't even have time to journal our trip.  We've already forgotten a lot of where we have been and what we've done.  But at least we remember the highlights and that's only what we need to blog anyway.

The first part of trip was very slow because I wanted to bicycle every day and we chose a book entitled, "120 most scenic roads in America" to travel on for the first several days.  We did that instead of visisting National Parks that we have both already seen several times. The parks are packed right now.  Not a good time of year to be traveling, but as Sandra pointed out, it's the only month we don't have jobs, due to the intense heat and lack of jobs in the Palm Springs area.  We are coming back for jobs in mid September and we will be plenty ready to be home.

OK, onto Hershey, Pa ---Aug.15th-evening---same date as Deer Valley and Amish Country, Busy day.

Very Neat place.  The factory is so huge that they made a ride around the actual  factory so you sit in a "car" (like a train) and it takes you around the inside of the factory and you watch chocolate actually being made--each step of the process.  The entire process, including wrapping is done mechanically.  So they have no employees in the process, and they have 1000's of people paying money to go through the factory, daily.  The only employees they have are an employee that helps you on the train and one who hands you a piece of chocolate when it's over. Theb they have gobs of employees at the restaurants and shops selling stuff.  They also have a huge amusement park, which we didn't go to.  But if I based profits on that place alone, we should all go out and buy Hershey stock.
Can't see my icons good enough to pick out the one that has the 1000's of kisses in a mold, but you get the idea.  Also having trouble making these photos smaller.  The sign, which I'd like bigger is small, and the others that I'd like smaller are big.  So much for doing this is easy.  "Small" has disappeared as a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment