Saturday, August 7, 2010

Aug. 7 2010 Don and Bobby's Fun and Fabulous Party

One reason for our visit back East was to help celebrate Don and Bobby's 18 years together.
Their party was at a club in Washington, DC.  The entertainment was A+ and hysterical.  It was a drag show as entertaining and classy as "Poppycock" on America's Got Talent.  They even got Phyllis out on the floor.  Wasn't too hard, actually.  She was pretty willing to become part of the show.

 Don and Bobby are so special.  Many of the guests were their neighbors who absolutely love them.  They should.  Don and Bobby make holidays really special for the neighborhood kids and  they even do outdoor movies for the kids and make their neighborhood a fun place to live.

They are two of the nicest guys on the planet, and there is no doubt in my mind that they will grow old together.

The Honored Couple
Jeff.  I got to drive his cool car home.Nick and girlfriend AllisonNick and Alyssa-- Phyl and Chuck's beautiful and  really nice and special grandkids.  Hope they are going to make it to CA over Easter break.Doing the jitterbugJeff and DavidJeff and DebbieGot my corn on the cob.  Last of the season.
I got to see a lot of Phyllis's family at the party and one highlight was getting to drive Jeff's stick shift home.  I haven't driven a stick shift for probably thirty years but it came right back to me.  Easy as pie.  Then Jeff jumped out the car and joined Don in his truck at a stoplight.  So Nick left his girlfriend, Allison, in the backseat to help me drive in case I had problems, but I didn't.  But it was SOO good to get to see Nick and Alyssa, Debbie and Jeff and David and Amy Emeigh, plus their adorable kids, Steven and Justin.  I even got to talk to Jeffry on the phone.  So proud of him and his service as a helicopter pilot in Afganistan.  Wish I had had personal time with him, but maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment