Friday, August 20, 2010

8/20 Highlands Inn to Maine, Pres. Bush's Compound, Stayed outside Bar Harbor

Talk about wealth and this is it.  But it's amazing that former President Bush has such visibility to his compound.  I could see a kid appear to be playing in a wheelchair.  There were people walking in and out of the main house and some of the other houses.  I think there were about five houses altogether.  You could see the limos and what looked like security personel and cars.  There wasn't even a gate here at the entrance.  Maybe there is something electronic around the place,  but it all looked very open and vulnerable.In England a flag flies over the palace when the queen is there.  I think it's better that people don't know if  Bush is there.  I felt like I could have bicycled right up to the gate and it didn't look like anyone was in it, so it seemed I could have bicycled right on to the property. But then I thought that could be a really big mistake that could detain me and leave Sandra wondering where the heck I was. Still there's a part of me that wonders how long it would have taken security to discover I had entered the property on bicycle.  And what a story THAT would have created for the blog.  Or what if there were electronic devices that could have shocked me or whatever.  I honestly was so tempted.  That's how vulnerable it looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment